The Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-Prenatal (CCTS-P) certification is designed using evidenced-based leading edge interventions and protocols that clinicians can immediately implement to augment their work treating trauma especially within a family context. It represents knowledge of how trauma, toxic stress and teratogens impact a mother’s body and nervous system before and during pregnancy. The CCTS-P Certification demonstrates knowledge of how and why stress and adversity affect the body and how our bodies react when regulated and dysregulated. The CCTS-P certification will aid clinicians in addressing and resolving client and family traumatic stress even when other primary diagnoses are present. The design and implementation of treatment can have a powerful transformational effect that rapidly accelerates treatment.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS CERTIFICATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE COURSE SEPARATELY.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of the following trauma training COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF APPLYING FOR CERTIFICATION:
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload Required Documents
- Proof of course completion
- Proof of degree or license – Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field, medicine or addiction required, OR current enrollment in Bachelor’s program in mental health related field, medicine, or addiction (scanned copy of degree, transcripts) OR proof of license.
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1 hour)
Please allow 4-5 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma related hours and by payment of a recertification fee of $100. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma related hours since the beginning of the current certification period.
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 4-5 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.