The Certified Functional Medicine And Trauma Specialist (CFMTS) certification is to demonstrate knowledge of the Certified Functional Medicine And Trauma Specialist (CFMTS).
This Certification is intended for the professional who needs a knowledge base about trauma and the potential medical complications of trauma, toxic stress and repeated adversity. It examines what medical stabilization would be needed to help the trauma client resolve trauma and the physiological medical complications that often arise.
As in all education-based certifications, this certification does not convey that the certified person has more skill or greater capacity, it only warrants that the certified person has completed the educational requirements for this certification. This Certification is reflective of a recognition that there are real and frequent medical ramifications to the person experiencing trauma, toxic stress and adversity.
This certification addresses the educational information related to the therapeutic complexities that show up with clients who have experienced repeated relational violations, such as difficulty with trust, boundary violations and early attachment related issues.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS CERTIFICATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE COURSE SEPARATELY.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of the following trauma training COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF APPLYING FOR CERTIFICATION:
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload Required Documents
- Proof of course completion
- Proof of degree or license – Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field, medicine or addiction required, OR current enrollment in Bachelor’s program in mental health related field, medicine, or addiction (scanned copy of degree, transcripts) OR proof of license.
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1 hour)
Please allow 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma or medical related hours and by payment of a recertification fee of $50. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma or medical related hours since the beginning of the current certification period.
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.