Certified Trauma Support Specialist is a certification that attests that the bearer has completed the educational requirements necessary to help non-clinical care professionals learn the essential information and skills to help trauma survivors recover fully. This certification is valuable for non-clinical trauma professionals, mental health staff, nurses, and emergency first responders. Certification demonstrates knowledge of the essential information and skills to help trauma survivors recover fully from the events of their past.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of one of the following trauma trainings:
- Certified Trauma Support Specialist – Live Classes
- Certified Trauma Support Specialist – Online Class
- Maricopa Community Colleges BHS course
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload proof of course completion
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1.5 hours)
Please allow 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma related hours, for a fee of $100. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma related hours since original certification date
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.