Acquiring this certification means that you have learned the essential components for safely and effectively treating traumatic stress with individual adults. While the certification focuses upon acquiring the knowledge and skills for treating PTSD, those becoming certified with the CCTS-I designation will be able to utilize the information and skills to effectively treat all anxiety disorders. Certification demonstrates a working knowledge of how to engage in the process of trauma treatment, focusing not only on interventions, but how to sequence the interventions to maximize outcomes. Certification ensures the quality of treatment for those that have experienced trauma.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of one of the following trauma trainings:
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTSI) – Live Classes
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist –Individual (CCTSI) – Online Classes
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload Required Documents
- Proof of course completion
- Proof of degree or license – Master’s degree in mental health related field, medicine or addiction required, OR current enrollment in Master’s program in mental health related field, medicine or addiction (scanned copy of degree, transcripts) OR proof of master’s level license (i.e., LMSW not LSW).
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1 hour)
Please allow 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma related hours, for a fee of $100. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma related hours since original certification date
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.
Click the links below to download resources for this certification.