Certified ClinicalTrauma Specialist - Family (CCTSF)
How to Take this Certification
You must have attended the Certified Trauma Specialist (CCTSF) class or prove equivalency to take this certification!
Please follow these steps before taking this certification.
- Attended the Certified Trauma Specialist class.
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button above to enroll to take the certification
- To enroll
- Click enroll button
- If you have registered type your username and password to login, if you have not register complete the form to register
- Add the certification to your cart
- Complete the purchase of the certification
- Clink the link on receipt that reads (Start the (CCTSF) certification here
- Complete online certification
Click the links below to download resources for this certification.
The Certified Clinical Specialist – Family (CCTSF) course is designed using evidenced-based leading edge interventions and protocols that clinicians can immediately implement to augment their work treating survivors of trauma within a family context. This course is taught using demonstrations, role play, simulations, and the utilization of a clinician intervention implementation format. The Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Family (CCTSF) course examines the (dynamic elements/active ingredients) of trauma treatment, allowing the learner to increase their effectiveness with any model of family treatment in which they have training. The (dynamic elements/active ingredients) approach will aid clinicians in addressing and resolving client and family traumatic stress even when other primary diagnoses are present. The design and implementation of treatment can have a powerful transformational effect that rapidly accelerates treatment.
Counselors • Social Workers • Psychologists • Case Managers • Addiction Counselors/Therapists • Marriage & Family Therapists • Other Mental Health Professionals
- Proof of attendance for the educational component of the Certified Trauma Specialist – Family (CCTSF)
- Application for the certification(Fill out Application Online)
- Full Name
- If License/s (license number and state licensed) – optional
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- Personal website– optional
- Brief biography and focus of practice
- An up-dated resume reflecting the (CCTSF) training
- Proof of education(scanned copy of degree, transcripts, or licenses can be used for this)
- Proof of degree/license(scanned copy licenses can be used for this)
- Statement that they are in good stead with the Licensure of their state (if licensed) – optional
- Pay fee for certification(link to the payment program)
Requisite for learner
- Bachelors level BHT/Case manager
- Master/doctoral student in counseling, social work, or Marriage and family
- Licensed at the Associate or Professional Clinician Level
The Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Family (CCTSF) course emphasizes a balance between the science and skill of treating traumatic stress, and the development of cross-cutting competencies in clinicians. Clinicians will learn both principles and techniques for rapidly and safely accelerating treatment with clients who suffer from traumatic stress. The course teaches clinicians how to think critically and incisively to:
- conceptualize the specific tasks within each of the (dynamic elements/active ingredients) of treatment;
- efficiently and effectively bring resolution and healing;
- learn how to explain the symptoms of traumatic stress to clients and their family in a way that helps makes “good sense” of their experiences;
- maximizes engagement and collaboration in the healing process;
- learn empirical markers to know when it is safe to transition from the safety/stabilization phase of treatment into the trauma memory processing phase without guesswork and minimal crises;
- construct verbal, graphic, and non-verbal trauma narratives—identified by research as one of the critical ingredients in resolving traumatic stress;
- demonstrate state-of-the-art techniques and activities for supporting and facilitating healthy bereavement;
- learn when to support natural mourning processes; and,
- learn when to offer facilitation when the natural mourning processes become thwarted to be able to confidently manage the trajectory of treatment with survivors of trauma from diagnosis to termination.
The goal is to build both clinical trauma expertise and professional confidence to significantly reduce client crises and allow treatment to move forward at an accelerated pace.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and utilize the evidence-based”Active Ingredients” for successful trauma treatment;
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize and organize family treatment to implement the active ingredients to improve clinical outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to Develop and Enhance Therapeutic Relationship & Positive Expectancy with the entire family through the application of the active ingredient
- Demonstrate the ability to Teach families the Role that Perceived Threat and the Autonomic Nervous System Plays in the Development and Continuation of Traumatic Stress Symptoms and other difficult behaviors
- Demonstrate the ability to Achieve,Maintain and Teach Relaxation & Self Regulation Skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to Understand Causes, Symptoms and Treatment of Traumatic Stress Sufficiently to Provide Comprehensive Psycho education to Clients
- Demonstrate the ability to assess family dynamics sufficiently to identify the impact of Traumatic Stress.
- Demonstrate the ability to Help Trauma Survivors Achieve”Good Enough” Safety and Stabilization
- Demonstrate the ability to Utilize Cognitive-Behavioral Method(s) to Help SurvivorsSuccessfullyDesensitizeandReprocessTraumaMemories3rdactive ingredient
- DemonstratetheabilitytoAssistClientsSuccessfullyResolvetheGriefand Other Peripheral Issues Accompanying Treatment of Traumatic Stress
- Demonstrate the ability to Assist Clients with the Reconnection Phase of Treatment and the moving forward into a future that is deliberate and intentional
- How can Trauma interventions and evaluations be conducted to sustain therapeutic alliance?