Those that obtain the Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-Addiction (CCTS-A) Certification possess the educational information to understand how trauma can affect treatment presentation, engagement, and the outcome of behavioral health services. CCTS-A Certification demonstrates knowledge and competency related to topics including Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), types of compulsions and addictions, biology and epigenetics, and culture of addiction and treatment.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of one of the following trauma trainings:
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-A (CCTSA) Trauma and Addiction – Live Classes
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-A (CCTSA) Trauma and Addiction – online classes
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload Required Documents
- Proof of course completion
- Proof of degree or license – Bachelor’s degree required, OR current enrollment in Bachelor’s program in mental health related field, medicine or addiction (scanned copy of degree, transcripts) OR proof of license.
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1 hour)
Please allow 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma related hours, for a fee of $100. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma related hours since original certification date
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.