Those that obtain the Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-Addiction (CCTS-A) Certification possess the educational information to understand how trauma can affect treatment presentation, engagement, and the outcome of behavioral health services. CCTS-A Certification demonstrates knowledge and competency related to topics including Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), types of compulsions and addictions, biology and epigenetics, and culture of addiction and treatment.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS CERTIFICATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE COURSE SEPARATELY.
STEP 1 – Satisfactory completion of one of the following trauma trainings COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF APPLYING FOR CERTIFICATION:
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-A (CCTSA) Trauma and Addiction – Live Classes
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-A (CCTSA) Trauma and Addiction – online classes
STEP 2 – Online payment of certification fee
- Click the (Get Certified Now) button below to enroll to take the certification
- On the next screen you will
- Choose your certification(s)
- Click “checkout”
- If you are already registered click “Log in here” to login, if you have not registered complete the account information form to register during the checkout process
- Complete the purchase of the certification
STEP 3 – Complete the Personal Information Questionnaire
STEP 4 – Upload Required Documents
- Proof of course completion
- Proof of degree or license – Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field, medicine or addiction required, OR current enrollment in Bachelor’s program in mental health related field, medicine or addiction (scanned copy of degree, transcripts) OR proof of license.
STEP 5 – Complete and pass the certification exam with a passing grade of 80% or above (approximate time to complete 1 hour)
Please allow 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will be certified for 1 year from your application date.
You can recertify your credentials for one (1) year by completing six (6) CE trauma related hours, for a fee of $100. To have your recertification application reviewed please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Satisfactory completion of six (6) CE trauma related hours since original certification date
Step 2 – Login to upload documentation and pay renewal fee
- In My Account Dashboard, click the Renew link below the certification you want to renew.
- Complete the purchase to renew your certification
- In My Account Dashboard, go to DOCUMENT MANAGER and upload your proof of CE completion for your renewal
Please allow TII 2-3 weeks to review your documentation, we will contact you if we need any additional information or clarification.