Prepares learners to use effectively the Multichannel Eye Movement Integration (MEMI) and this certification attests that the certified individual has taken the course, received mentoring in the model’s application, and that the mentor has recommended them for certification as a level one practitioner.
The purpose of the certification
To provide a basic knowledge of an alternative method to work with trauma through the sensory system. This model of treatment is designed to be delivered from the prospective of health promotion rather than deficit elimination.
The benefit of having this certification
Provides an additional pathway to creating transformation in the life of the client.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS CERTIFICATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE COURSE SEPARATELY.
Professional standards required for certification
State or Nationally licensed as a (or equivalent if practicing outside of the United States):
- Medical professional
- Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Masters level addiction counselor
- Psychiatric Nurse
- BSN nurses
- Registered nurses
The applicant must:
- Be in good standing with the State Board that licenses him/her, including not being on probationary status for any reason.
- Not having been ethically or professionally denied application to or renewal of his/her professional membership in local, state, or national associations to which he/she is qualified within the past 5 years.
Educational standards required for certification
A minimum of a Bachelors degree and 1 year of active employment in a mental health related field, medicine, addiction (or equivalent if practicing outside of the United States)
- A copy of the candidate’s license (if in the United States)
- Copies of completion of professional training in countries that do not require licensure and evidence that the meet the Educational Standards for practice within their country
- Payment of certification application fee